Saturday, January 21, 2012

day one

Today is the day. My name is Allison and I am a virtual shopper. I am addicted to online shopping, virtually. I spend an inordinate amount of time finding amazing things, sourcing gorgeous options, relishing when I find the seemingly un-gettable "get". Yet, I spend nothing and get nothing, tangibly, that is. I would liken the feeling I get when I add an item to an online shopping cart as to that which an addict might feel when they get their fix. For in that moment I feel a brief euphoria that descends into a relief that I didn't spend any money. You would think that I would experience some sort of disappointment that I didn't actually get the "get", but I seldom do. While some orphaned purchases may linger in my subconsciousness (I have been known to revisit sites and add the same item to my cart more than once) most do not. I have long thought that it would be interesting to catalog all of my wants and to add up, if you will, how much I have actually "saved". I say "saved" rather than saved because saved means I had the money to spend in the first place. I mean a girl can dream....

So, I decided to start this blog to chronicle all of the beautiful things I didn't buy.

And we begin.


Today I didn't buy:

Celine Mini Luggage Tote, $1959.99

I saw this bag and oh, my...if only! The MAJOR price tag is too much but it's beautiful beyond words.



Kate Spade Posy Vase, $25.00

My Macy's gift card balance was burning a hole in my pocket. This almost fit the bill. I envisioned it holding one gorgeous hot pink peony bloom.



Chesterfield Sofa, $1259.30
neimanmarcus.com

What can I say, it was a snow day and I received my Neiman's evite to peruse their furniture sale. I mean, REALLY! Who wouldn't be tempted?



Schumacher Imperial Trellis Velvet - Peacock, $202.25 per yard

New offering of this now-classic fabric in VELVET?!! And PEACOCK BLUE?!! LOVE.



Jill Rosenwald Chevron Tray, $128.00















etsy.com

What can I say? I am obsessed with trays. End of story.



Grand total for today..."$3574.54"

And I didn't break a sweat.


No comments:

Post a Comment